We are looking for experienced PASTRY HEAD CHEF to consult new Coffee Shop that will be opening in Lusaka, Zambia. The shop will have around 50 seats and will offer light meals, specialty coffees, pastry and artisanal breads.
This is a contract position that might turn into a full-time employment, depending on the success of the store.
As a PASTRY HEAD CHEF, you will be requested to consult on the following:
- Assist the owner with designing the menu pastry, artisanal breads, light meals (salads, quiches, baguettes etc.)
- Train all kitchen staff on prep / execution and stock controls
- Take care of Food Safety and H&S policies and procedures
- Assist with kitchen equipment layout
Skills And Experience Required
- Formal chefs training from recognized culinary establishment
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar position
- Experience with pre-opening procedures
- Experience with menu design
- Excellent training skills
- Good knowledge and production experience of various artisanal breads
- Excellent pastry production skills
- Very good stock controls, waste management and food safety
Start: May / June 2021 for opening in July
- Basic salary will be discussed during the interview
- Accommodation will be provided
- Meals on duty will be provided
- Visa and flight to Zambia will be provided
- Additional benefits might be available, depending on candidates situation.
To apply for Pastry Head Chef | Zambia Lusaka | New Opening Coffee Shop, please send a copy of your CV in WORD document with detailed experience in ice cream production, recent photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specializing exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!?
To apply for this job please visit www.jobplacements.com .