Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Reporting Line: Unit Accountant
The incumbent is required to undertake the basic accounting, financial accounting and reporting.
Meeting financial deadlines and Targets
Tasks Involved Non-Payroll Taxes
• Review and compare income in Ericsoft and Evolution.
• Data entry and computation of both output and input VAT
• Reconcile input and output VAT accounts
• Maintain an accurate VAT control account
• Prepare monthly VAT returns for review and approval
• Filing of monthly VAT returns
• Computation of Tourism Levy and any other non-payroll taxes, preparation of returns and getting approval before submission.
• Posting of purchase invoices and payments, allocating payments to correct invoices paid, ensuring suppliers are paid on time.
• Processing payment vouchers, proper reconciliation attached for payments
• All voucher should be approved before payments are made and should have approved purchase order, invoice and proof of receipt of goods or services(GRN).
• Check payments for correctness before submission for approval
• Submit supplier recons and aging weekly by Wednesday
• Cash book forecast every Monday
• Daily Bank reconciliations
• Ensure suppliers individual accounts are up to date always.
• Ensure proper filling of all supporting documentations
Stock Takes for Flash Report s
• Take part in kitchen stock takes incl fridges after service
• Take part in bar stock takes incl bar after service
• Supervise all stock takes
• Undertake spot checks
• Supervise cutlery/crockery/linen/SPA /Amenities/stock takes and make sure you produce a valuation report for review
Monthly Schedules and Controls
Prepare the following monthly schedules and reconcile them to the general ledger:
• VAT control account
• Follow up any non reconciling items and ensure that pending items are cleared within one month
• Report any irregularities to the Financial Controller
• System backup on a daily basis
• Daily Income audit
• Ensure timely submission, payments of all taxes and other statutory obligations to prevent penalties
• Ensure all licenses from the council, ministry of tourism and others are renewed on time including insurances
• Process standard monthly journals and make sure they are approved by the FC
• Daily revenue reports
• Be constantly aware of the need to improve the efficiency of sections under your control and make proposals on this to the Financial Controller/Supervisor.
• Any other duties assigned by the Financial Controller/Supervisor
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com .