Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing water and sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best in Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality Water Supply and Sanitation Services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and stakeholder support”
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER- SALARY GRADE CMS-4
To plan and manage the company’s public relations function in order to raise the profile of the company through planned and sustained activities emphasizing the positive aspects of the organization and thereby gain public understanding and acceptance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and ensure that the service charter (communication the service charter) is implement the Review and implement the Communication strategy
- Develop and implement a comprehensive public awareness campaign to enhance support and participation in the company’s programmes
- Provide input into the development of the directorate strategy and directorate annual work plan
- Provide input into the Unit’s budget to facilitate acquisition and allocation of resources
- Recommend reviews and ensure implementation of the unit’s policies and procedures
- Develop, monitor and control the related departmental budget to support current and future business objectives.
- Prepare news releases, newsletters, speeches, documentary scripts, promotional and public awareness campaign materials, institutional advertisements in order to keep internal and external publics informed.
- Edits special publications (brochures, leaflets, flyers, newsletters) and other communications directed to internal and external publics.
- Contacts news media, freelance journalists, institutional and professional publications with the intent of getting them to publish news or features about or originated by the organization. Responding to media requests for information or spokespersons.
- Arrange and manage press conferences, trade shows, annual/anniversary celebrations, awards to ensure effective company participation in public events.
- Organize and management public and stakeholder’s platforms to discuss various subjects pertaining to the company operations, plans and challenges among others.
- Create communications using multimedia knowledge and skills, including photography, layout for brochures, leaflets, calendars, institutional advertisements, recording and editing of audio and video tapes and preparation of audio-visual presentations to ensure quality productions
- Gathers intelligence-enabling the organization to plan programmes responsive to its publics and problem situations, monitoring public relations programme effectiveness during implementation, and evaluates programme impact.
- Provide Advice to management on suitable Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and managing the activities
- Custodian of company’s brand (Corporate identity) and to manage the use of the logo for signage, letter heads, business cards and vehicles at the same time auditing usage.
- Manage the company’s marketing and communication archives, i.e. brochures, flier artworks and images on a weekly basis or after production
- Prepare accurate routine public relations reports required by the supervisor on a monthly and quarterly basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communication, or equivalent from a recognized university/institution.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Proven Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- 5 years’ working experience with at least 3 years at supervisory level
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Strategic/Business planning skills
- Good working knowledge of marketing and Public Relations strategies / Business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
- In-depth understanding of business products and value proposition.
- Possess a high level of Integrity and confidentiality
- Presentable with good disposition
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th September, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their application letters, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources Administration
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O. Box 410397
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia