Teacher of English/Literature
Jobs at:Simba International School
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Simba International School
Teacher of English / literature
We are a co-educational International School is school with over 30 years of educating children from Early Years Reception through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students. Our student population is over 400 students.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that recently started the Cambridge Primary Programme which of course leads in very well to the existing Cambridge IGCSE and A level courses that the Secondary school works towards.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher and form tutor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching and learning
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of achievement and maximising student attainment.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
• To be committed to the safeguarding of children.
• To plan and prepare courses, schemes of work and individual lessons, appropriate to the needs, interests, experience and existing knowledge of students
• To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the Department
• To contribute to the Department’s improvement plan and its implementation · To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities
• To contribute to the Department process of self-review, evaluation and improvement planning activities.
• To assist the Head of Department in order to ensure that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching and learning which complements the school’s strategic objectives?
• To assist in the process of curriculum development and change so as to ensure the continued relevance to the needs of students, examining and awarding bodies and the school’s strategic commitment, purpose and intent
• To take part in the school’s staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
• · To maintain appropriate records and provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for the school’s management information system and assist in the tracking of students.
• To track the progress of assigned students and use this information to inform teaching and learning.
• To ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards
• To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate.
• Understanding of Cambridge curriculum IGCSE, AS and A level English language and Literature.
• Extensive experience of teaching First Language and Second language syllabi.
• Have a full understanding of connections and progressions in the subject and use this in their teaching to ensure pupils make good progress.
• Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
• Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
• Be able to set and attain consistently high expectations with leaners.
• B.Ed. (QTS), / degree in English / Linguistics, Bachelor of Arts with Education or equivalent.
• Demonstrate excellent subject and/or specialist knowledge.
• Minimum of 5 years teaching experience, preferably with Cambridge curriculum.
• Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Hard copy and/or electronic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before July 31st, 2021 .
Attention: The Headmaster
SIMBA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
E-mail: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]