Madison Life Insurance Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the position of Software Engineer to be based at Head Office, Lusaka. The job holder will be reporting to the Head of ICT.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, QUALITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Full grade twelve certificate with at least merit in Mathematics & English
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems, or a related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years general software development and implementation
- 2 years working with Oracle PL/SQL, JAVA and Strong PL/SQL Programming skills. Oracle Database PL/SQL Developer Certification is an added advantage
- Experience in writing Database Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, and Objects/Collections in PL/SQL
- Strong knowledge in Web Applications Design, Web Application Development and Sound documentation
- Performance tuning. Databases: ORACLE 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Ability to translate low level designs into programs/applications.
- Familiarity with Functional Hierarchy Diagrams, Entity Relationship models and server model design.
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Ability to effectively communicate your work with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Exposure to SaaS Cloud Product Development and Micro Services Architectures
- Preferable working experience in financial services company (Life Insurance Company)
- Creating new applications or APIs to enhance existing applications
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, researching solutions, making recommendations, designing, and implementing solutions
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Database and application tuning
- Managing and maintaining user/system documentation
- Conducting end user training, support, and feedback evaluation
- Assist others in the use of software engineering tools to support process improvement
- Engaging with external service providers
If you think that you meet the above requirements, you are invited to submit your application letter and CV electronically to the Assistant Human Resource Manager to [email protected] closing date is Friday 23 rd April 2021.
* Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]