Senior Officer – EGP, ZPPA 05
Jobs at:Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA)
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions:
Job Title: Senior Officer – EGP, ZPPA 05 (1 Position)
To support the provision of training to e-GP system users and monitor the roll-out and usage of the system.
Statement Of Main Duties
• Under the supervision of the Principal Officer-eGP the officer will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Train Procuring Entities (PEs), Suppliers and other stakeholders on the usage of the e-GP system;
• Conduct PEs readiness assessments for implementation of the of e-GP system
• Undertake site inspections to establish usage of e-GP system and provide support;
• Support PEs on how to prepare and upload annual procurement plans and tenders on the e-GP system;
• Provide on-sight and on-spot support to PEs on site and respond to queries;
• Monitor helpdesk activities;
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports from activities undertaken and utilize the reports in conducting follow-ups to ensure that issues raised are addressed; and
• Performs any other duties assigned by superior from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
1. Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better.
2. Vocational or Professional Requirements: Candidates should have any of the following;
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Procurement and Supply; or
2. Bachelor of Arts Degree in a Social Science with a Diploma in CIPS.
3. Relevant Post Qualification Experience: Minimum two (2) years’ procurement experience.
Other Skills And Requirements
1. Good writing and ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients and other stakeholders in order to provide support on the e-GP system;
2. Ability to comprehend system reports and prepare reports;
3. Customer Service oriented; and
4. Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) with current practicing certificate.
The position of the Senior Officer- e-GP is on permanent and pensionable basis.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
1. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
2. Should comprise an application letter and curriculum vitae.
3. Certified copies of bachelor’s degree, Grade twelve (12) Certificate and any other relevant certificates by a Commissioner of oaths.
4. Applications should be addressed to the:
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P O BOX 31009
Candidates MUST download and fill in the Profile Summary Form placed on the website and email it together with other documents to [email protected] . Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Monday, 24th January, 2022 at 17:00 hours and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.