- Company: Precision Recruitment International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Senior Internal Auditor
- Provide value-added advice and support to business partners on the creation or modification of policies, procedures, processes, products or services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained.
- Hold open meetings with clients to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement and provide an overview of all phases of the audit process.
- Develop a risk-based testing plan by selecting an appropriate audit approach, testing procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgement and the internal audit methodology defined by the Department.
- Assists in preparing a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate findings and recommendations to the Department and senior management.
- Provide consultative support to departments with regard to the adequate design and execution of risk management processes.
- Conduct testing to assist External auditors with the annual financial reporting audit
Knowledge and Experience
- BCom Degree or equivalent.
- A recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Auditing (CA, CISA, CFE, or CIA).
- 8 to 9 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management.
Skills and Attributes
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organisation.
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethical values.
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
- Strong analytical capability.