Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 800 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to: the Superintendent – Geology.
Core Purpose of the Position
To oversee all grade control activities by supervising the geology grade control crew and Help to address and minimize mill head grade variance and dilution.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Establish, maintain and update geological grade control models and wireframes
- ore drive mapping, piloting and sampling.
- On draw stop monitoring and sampling.
- Daily and weekly grade and dilution performance report.
- Compliance report on planned panels versus actual stops on draw
- Generate and present expected head grade forecast report
- Stop closure reconciliation, analysis and reporting, utilizing the resource model and or grade control model.
- Conduct pre-stop mapping and provide mapped geological data to the Resource Geologist
- Review and validate geological stopping wireframes
- Conduct pre-stop panel evaluation and generate dilution estimate report
- Generate, validate and issue slot design wireframes to planning.
- Inspect and confirm slot drilling compliance to designed slot wireframes and geological dips.
- Attend daily production meeting to address all issues on grade and ore drive positioning status.
- Generate planned ore drive advance grades for monthly planning and forecast.
- Provide guidance and implement ore blend to meet budget grade.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree or Qualification in Geology obtained from a recognised institution
- Member of the EIZ & GSZ or any other recognized geological professional body
- Minimum 5years experience – underground mining geology, preferably grade control at senior level
- A knowledge of 3D geological/mine planning software preferably Data mine, Surpass and Micro Station.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft word packages like word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Should be of a sober character
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.