Senior English Teacher
Jobs at:Trident College Solwezi
Deadline of this Job:
03 May 2022
Within Zambia , Solwezi , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior English Teacher
Trident College is located on a 113-hectare nature reserve in Solwezi, Zambia. The school opened its doors to the first pioneering group of pupils and parents in September 2013. In addition to serving the educational needs of the local copper mining community, the College, which is now home to 284 pupils, is rapidly becoming the boarding school of choice in Zambia and a firm option for parents and pupils throughout southern Africa.
Trident College is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Educator to teach English primarily to senior classes. The appointee will report to the Director of Academics and contribute directly to all areas of College life, including the comprehensive co-curricular programme and boarding.
Primary Purpose of the Job
• To provide forward-thinking, progressive education focusing on teaching A Level English. The preferred candidate would have Drama as an additional teaching subject.
• The College offers the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum to boys and girls from year 7 to year 13 with external Cambridge Certification at the end of Year 11 (IGCSE), Year 12 (A/S-level) and Year 13 (A-level).
• Trident College Solwezi forms part of the Trident Group schools, consisting of three prep schools and the College. Trident Schools are, in turn, operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia.
Qualifications and other Requirements
• The minimum requirement is a Bachelor of Education Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with a Post Graduate Teaching Diploma and a minimum of five years teaching English at a Cambridge A-Level or similar level. Registration as a teacher in their country of origin.
• Commencement date: Post is available from 1 September, but no later than 1 January 2023.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential skills and attributes:
• Enjoy living in a small, rural community in Africa.
• Ready to immerse into the full range of activities, including; Service to Community, Environmental Education, Cultural Activities and Sporting Activities.
• Deep commitment to the pastoral care, holistic growth and development of learners.
• Collegiate approach to developing teaching resources and pedagogy within a progressive department.
• Ability to innovate, engage and motivate staff to achieve the department’s objectives.
• Enjoy being part of an evolving and growing school environment.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
A CV and cover letter, including three contactable referees, must be sent to: [email protected] .
The title of the e-mail must read APPLICATION SENIOR ENGLISH
Closing date: 3 May 2022
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records.