- Company: Nicholas O’Dwyer Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chingola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Senior Construction Supervisor / Senior Resident Engineer
Water and Sewer Networks Chingola Zambia
- Minimum of Degree in Civil Engineering Member of EIZ (or similar Professional Institution).
- At least 10 years experience in the management and monitoring of large water and sanitation projects is required.
- Experience using FIDIC conditions of contract.
- Experience in construction projects financed by international finance organizations such as the EIB, World Bank, African Development Bank will be an advantage.
- Experience in projects in similar roles in similar projects in sub-Saharan Africa will be an advantage
- Responsible for day to day construction supervision and consultants’ site personnel.
- Establish site inspection procedures, including quality control monitoring and pressure testing, and procedures for correcting sub-standard works.
- This includes random audits of contractors’ completed works to confirm quality and quantity.
- Review and approve contractors’ construction method statements.
- Responsible for reviewing minor changes requested by the contractor.
- Major changes will be reported to the team leader.
- Review and approval of contractors’ progress claims, including recommendations for withholding or other changes; report to Team Leader.
- Responsible for maintaining records and overseeing contractors’ as built drawings.
- Arrange and chair technical and progress meetings with contractors, DCSC and MWSC.