Jobs at:WidEnergy Africa Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Widenergy Africa Ltd:
We are a social, for profit start up that focuses on last mile distribution of clean, affordable and reliable energy solutions. Since 2016, we have empowered over 20,000 Zambians with solar products especially with our recently launched Pay As You Go solar home systems in the market.
Our solar products allow customers to use mobile payments such as Mobile money and Airtel Money to pay for their solar lighting system on a weekly basis, which makes it affordable, environment friendly and healthier for off grid customers such as farmers.
We are searching for a talented, motivated and experienced candidate to join our team as “Senior Accountant”.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Establish reviews and updates of financial policies and procedures that are relevant and cost effective to the organisation.
2. Ensure timely preparation of all statutory returns and payments (e.g. PAYE, NAPSA) are submitted and paid on time
3. Ensure timely preparation and provision of monthly management accounts like budget variance report
4. Undertake monthly review and reconciliation of bank accounts
5. Ensure monthly transactions are posted in Pastel Accounting software on a timely basis and maintain accurate record keeping of all transactions
6. Carry out monthly bank reconciliations for currency accounts
7. Ensure payroll is processed on a timely manner
8. Maintain an updated fixed asset registry
9. Prepare revenue projections and forecasting expenditure
10. Prepare for audits and investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
11. Ensure compliance with all project legal requirements
12. Preparation of financial statements for management
13. Supervising accounting staff
14. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Strong communication skills
2. Strong organisational skills
3. Critical thinking
4. Team collaboration
5. Problem solving
6. Software proficiency
7. Time management
8. Resilience and Adaptability
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
2. Accounting certification of ACCA or CPA is desirable
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience
4. Experience with Pastel and Microsoft excel
5. Fully paid-up member of ZICA
6. Experience in grants and project management is desirable but not essential
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements to send their resumes to [email protected] .
WidEnergy Africa Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind; Gender, Ethnicity, Race and Religion among others.