Jobs at:CV People Africa
Deadline of this Job:
16 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position of Remanufacturing Manager assumes responsibility for overseeing the productive, efficient and cost-effective operations of the component remanufacturing and repair facility.
Reporting To: Managing Director, Operations
Interacts With: Management, Employees, Various Departments and Customers
• Ensures workflow efficiency through implementation of effective procedures and processes. Identifies issues with efficiencies and/or productivity and instigates action plans to rectify.
• Makes available access to OEM documentation, tooling and equipment in the remanufacturing process. Ensures that components repaired, meets remanufactured to the published OEM standard
• Delivers Remanufactured components timely
• Meets forecasted and confirmed requirements of stock to be remanufactured and oversees the development of the corresponding production plan
• Conducts weekly meetings with planning and production to review and address all technical, operational, and planning issues
• Ensure component remanufacturing quality and achieves average component lifetimes and component lifetime variance for remanufactured components comparable to corresponding new components
• Coordinates and provides regular analysis and reporting on the performance of the remanufacturing facility
• Ensures timely completion of shop floor generated reporting to a high standard, including Component Analysis Reports, technical feedback to factories, and the completion of QC documentation
• Develop, manage, and prioritise strategic projects for the introduction of new components and remanufacturing technologies.
• Maintains and/or establishes agreements with suppliers and subcontractors for outsourced component repairs based on standard Mining policies
• Actively participates in supplier and subcontractor selection processes for refurbishment activities and participates in subsequent pricing negotiations.
• Monitor performance KPI’s of suppliers and subcontractors according to agreed terms. Initiates and manages improvements where required.
• Supports the development and implementation of a robust Quality Management System (QMS)
• Actively participates in the development of process, procedure and documentation underpinning the QMS
• Ensures compliance to QMS procedures and relevant documentation
• Lead the Reman Certification Assessment program, representing the Group in the entire process
• Experience: 5 years plus
• Education Level: Diploma Level
• Qualifications: Tertiary Higher Diploma or University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Software: Possesses intermediate Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office
• Equipment: Strong knowledge in QC Systems; Strong understanding of root cause analysis processes
• Knowledge Of: Strong technical aptitude with prior experience in a Re-Manufacturing environment. Fundamental knowledge of planning and ERP production systems
• Skills To: Demonstrated experience in managing large diverse teams
• Ability To: Strong technical knowledge of mobile mining equipment and associated components
• Other Requirements: Prior experience in leading Component Remanufacturing facility is essential.
• Industry: Mining Machine Manufacturers
• Culture: Professional
• Gender Profile: Mixed
• Age Profile: Any
• TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Employment: Permanent
• Location: Kitwe, Zambia
• Remuneration: At most 27,764 ZMK
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]