Jobs at:The Salvation Army
Deadline of this Job:
05 July 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Territorial Head Quarters (THQ) of the Salvation Army in Zambia (TSA Zambia Territory) through the Territorial Commander has spearheaded community development projects that have included water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) interventions. It now proposes to implement the second phase of the Switzerland supported WASH Project in three districts in the Southern part of Zambia namely Kafue, Chikankata and Mazabuka for three years from 2022 – 2025. A suitable individuals are required to take up the following positions :
Job title: Project Manager
• Coordinate planning activities
• Manage Data and Information
• Monitoring and Supervision
• Documentation of key lessons
• Contract management
• Budget monitoring
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish a detailed work plan for the implementation of project activities.
2. Direct and monitor all project activities so that the goal and objectives of the project are met.
3. Draft key project documents such as guidelines, questionnaires, forms, norms, criteria etc that will be used in the selection of beneficiaries and in other areas of the project.
4. As project team leader, direct and supervise the daily work of field staff.
5. As project manager, manage the budget and provide regular advice to relevant bodies regarding budgetary utilization rates.
6. Ensure timely compilation and submission of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports.
7. Coordinate activities for all baseline assessments, Mid-Term and end of project evaluations. This includes organizing for any necessary feedback meetings.
8. Review program data collected through registers and assist program staff in understanding and acting upon that data.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business or Community Development or related field
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in senior position involving project management for community Development, preferably with an NGO or CBO
• Experience in development project management including water and sanitation initiatives
• Strong background in community mobilization and use of participatory techniques
• Strong financial management skills
• Knowledge of the WASH sector in Zambia
• Knowledge of Rights Based Approaches in WASH
• Knowledge of hygiene behavior change communication tools and methods
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel.
• Advanced leadership, organizing, planning, team building and problem-solving skills.
• Fluency in written and verbal English language
• Being a salvationist is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]