To conduct counselling supervision; ensure supervisee or lay counsellor is addressing the needs of clients and also Providing emotional support to the supervisee.
- Using the professional experience to lead the supervisee in exploring alternative interventions, perceptions and avenues of viewing the clients presenting concerns
- Directs the supervisee to address otherwise unattended to issues, e.g feelings, cognition and experiencing, including transference aspects.
- Mentoring the supervisee
- Provides advice in a supportive and constructive way to enhance efficiency and proficiency
- Helps supervisee view the same client in a different perspective, fresh set of understanding and perception
- Links the supervisees concerns about clients in a detached fashion
- Helps supervisee to perform counselling work professionally.
- Helps the supervisee remain focused in her counselling work
- Helps the supervisee gain insight into her work, her effectiveness, or limitations.
- Promote an understanding of the underlying issues in the counsellor-client relationship
- Supervisee acts as catalyst in the supervision process
- Enables the supervisee to explore various dimensions of her counselling work with clients
- Ensure data is Entered into the daily register each patient counselled i. e. their age, gender etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.devex.com .