Jobs at:Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (1)
Reports to: Country Representative
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Zambia seeks a qualified and suitable candidate to join the IPA Zambia Team as a Procurement Assistant.
The Procurement Assistant will report directly to the Country Representative and the IPA management team. The Procurement Assistant will be responsible for assisting the IPA Zambia Operations and Procurement department.
• Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for IPAZ
• Carry out periodic market surveys to ensure services and goods procured for IPAZ are competitively priced
• Prepare and share approved purchase orders with suppliers
• Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of requisitioned goods
• Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining procurement files, typing, and data entry
• Provide support with internal procurement inquiries from projects
• Correspond with vendors regarding price, product availability, delivery terms, and requisite documents required for the payment process
• Respond to inquiries regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, and pricing information
• Assisting program teams with procurement planning and requests
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor and management, including assistance with recordkeeping
Qualification and Skills:
• Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent
• At least 2 years of experience in supply chain/procurement
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
• And able to follow written instructions and communicate effectively over email
• Clean criminal record
• Zambian Citizen
• Membership in ZIPS and/or CIPS is a plus
• Experience with NPOs/NGOs is a plus
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
1. Applications with detailed (CVs) must be sent by 6th August 2021 .
2. The cover letter and CV must be ONE document, and the applicant’s name and NRC must be the document title. For example, (John Smith.101010.12.1)
3. Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
4. Please submit applications by uploading to this link: Procurement Assistant Recruitment
NOTE: If you don’t get feedback two weeks after the deadline, your application is unsuccessful.
CVs will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.