Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to Metallurgical Superintendent
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for interns to be considered for the position of Process Plant Metallurgy
Reporting to Metallurgical Superintendent, you will be involved in metallurgical technical duties to support process operations, safety and housekeeping standards.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist the Senior/Shift Metallurgist in ensuring process parameters are set to achieve optimal process efficiencies.
- Conduct laboratory test works as directed by the Senior Metallurgist.
- Assisting in conducting daily routines and generate reports.
- Maintain clean and orderly workplace by controlling placement of supplies, Spillage cleanup and normal housekeeping.
- Provide support to Metallurgical Accounting team
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum Grade 12 School Certificate
- Must be a recent graduate from a recognized learning institution.
- Degree/Diploma in Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering or related field
- Good communication Skills
- Willingness to Learn.
- Attention to detail.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .