Mines Geologist - Cement Industry
Jobs at:Dangote Cement Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
09 September 2021
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Work with the Head of Department, Mines on new work approaches, methods and policies to optimize performance and ensure adherence to industry regulations and organizational standards
• Handling, collection and processing of all geological samples, mapping and Petrography analysis for assessment of the mineral deposit
• Using professional knowledge, be able to plan exploration program for green field project and developing and updating mineral reserve and resource models for estimating reserves and resources
• Oversee geological plan for short term grade control requirements, accountable for accurate and efficient grade control and stockpile management.
• Drive the mining team to achieve constant delivery of ROM to the plant in accordance with mining program plan to meet the quality of raw material requirement of the cement plant
• Proficient in Mining Software for designing of Block model of deposit, resource and reserve estimation, preparing Mines Plan and scheduling of operation for life of mines
• Ensure mine plans are designed, approved and coordinate a streamlined approach to mining operations as per plan.
• Provide inputs and coordinate for safe, economical and environmentally sound extraction of minerals
• To prepare and update reserves, technical reports and documentation to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements.
• Experience in Open Pit Limestone Mining and the exposure to cement manufacturing industry will be an added advantage.
• Bachelors / Masters of science in Mining Geology
• Minimum of Three (3) years working experience, with relevant work experience in the Quarry Industry.
• Valid practicing license from the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
• First Aid certificate.
• Conversant with Mine Planning Software skills and Microsoft Suite
• Full Grade Twelve Certificate with credits or better in English and Mathematics.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.