The responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Representing Mopani in legal disputes.
- Under the direction of the Legal Counsel, deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders
- Contribute to meeting discussions, and when required advise members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax departments of the implications of proposed policies and legislation
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors.
- Develop and oversee systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable legislation, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements
- Writing reports to the Legal Counsel on legal outcomes.
- Preparing legal opinions and guidance on changes to pieces of legislation affecting the operations of the Company.
- Collating and maintaining information records on al legal matters affecting the company.
- Adhere to safety standards in relation to the job, as required by the regulations and mine authorities
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Law from a recognized University,
- Bar admission as a Legal Practitioner.
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) with valid current Practicing Certificate.
- At least 1 year experience in Legal role function in the Mining Industry, Corporate organizations or private practice.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Mining Law, Corporate Law, Tax Law. Environmental Law, Land Law, Employment law Pension Law and other relevant legislation pertaining to the operations of the business.
- High level of integrity and ability to meet deadlines and execute difficult assignments at short notice.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected] .