Jobs at:Zambian United Mining Corporation Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambian United Mining Corporation Limited is currently conducting a mineral exploration program and seeks the services of a Geologist.
1. Work with the Tenures Manager in ensuring that all our mining tenements are up to date in terms of submission of quarterly and annual reports at the relevant mining cadastre.
2. Work with the Tenures Manager and/or relevant consultants in making sure that any applications for environmental permits such as the Environmental Project Brief(EPB) and Environmental and Social Impact Assessments ESIA are handled in an efficient and expedient manner.
3. Participate in the continuous development and implementation of the exploration program;
• Target generation and acquisition
• Geochemical and geophysical studies to narrow down on anomalies
• Drilling campaigns
• Use of appropriate modelling software in proposing recommendations following analysis of drilling data
• Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree in Geology or closely related field from a reputable University
• Satisfactory performance at grade 12 or equivalent
1. Must have a good understanding of the geology of the Central African Copperbelt vis-a-vis Copper/Cobalt including the history and deposit type of most of the large Copper/Cobalt mines within Zambia and the Katanga province of the DRC.
2. Able to effectively use software tools such as QGIS and Google Earth Pro which will be used extensively to access and improve the company’s internal database
3. Familiarity with orebody modelling software such as Surpac/Datamine/Leapfrog etc
• Thorough knowledge of the various units at the Ministry of Mines in Zambia
• Understanding of the Zambia Mines and Minerals Development Act 2015
• French language ability will be an added bonus
• At least 3 years relevant experience within a mining company
Must have a valid driving license and be willing to travel frequently
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Please share your CV and relevant qualifications only.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]