- Company: Fraser Alexander Tailings Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1912, Fraser Alexander has grown from humble beginnings to become a key player in the South African mining industry and in selected global locations. Fraser Alexander is a leading supplier of Mining services which include: Minerals Processing, Construction and Tailings. A solid and well respected brand in the mining services area is looking to attract key talents to add to its existing pool of highly sought after professionals. The company’s operations in Zambia provide contractor mining services for mining companies.
The Financial Controller position is accountable for providing assistance to the Finance Manager: Africa and the Divisional Accountant.
- Preparing of accurate monthly reports on Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow results.
- Preparing and supply of operational finance information to the division.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation for ZRA (Income Tax and Value Added Tax etc.) including legislative amendments and industry best practices, as well as proactively advising on solutions to relevant stakeholders in accordance with Policy.
- Prepare the annual audit file for external auditors, various reconciliations and manage external auditor queries.
- Manage internal audit during annual internal audit process.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Assistant Financial Controller.
- Ensure sufficient competency levels of Assistant Financial Controller.
- Provide support and assistance to the Assistant Financial Controller to fulfill their financial responsibilities. Coach, train and develop Assistant Financial Controller.
- Manage delivery of services against SLA’s
- Develop and provide training on related financial policies and procedures
Budget & Forecast
- Annual budget preparation and reporting process
- Prepare the monthly rolling forecast calculations
- Prepare the monthly site cost management report
Transactional Shared Services
- Transact with Shared Services – Fixed Assets, Bank and Cash etc.
- Prepare monthly journals. Assist in completing accurate accounting records
- Review cost allocation of purchase requests from the sites.
- Prepare reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to
- Provide quality accounting support and technical advice to key internal stakeholders.
- Ad hoc finance and operational requirements
Grade 12 Certificate
Accounting Degree, or ZICA II or equivalent qualification
Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants membership
Minimum 5 years finance transactional services experience
Minimum 5 years staff management experience
Relevant industry (mining, mining services, construction and heavy industry etc) will be advantageous
Knowledge and experience in foreign currency transactions
Knowledge and experience in multiple site costing
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be an expert in Time Management
Must be an expert in Financial & Cost management
Must be an expert in Managing relationships
Interested people who meet the above criteria should submit (via Skills Map) their applications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 60 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that applications will be reviewed in line with the company’s Employment Equity plan.
The Company reserves the right not to make an appointment.