- Company: BAT
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
As a Finance Intern you will offer your support to the Finance Team by performing diverse activities such as assisting in daily clearing of bank account transactions and preparing accurate reports on an ad hoc basis for management.
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Assist in business functions in the areas of either Accounting and Finance (AP, AR, Commercial Finance and Corporate Finance).
- Monthly reconciliations and clearing of reconciling items on time and in line with Finance Procedures.
- Assist in daily clearing of bank account transactions.
- Assist in supplier open items review ahead of the Payment run, complete blocking/unblocking for documents and submit to GBS every Monday for payments run on Thursday.
- Assist in submission of supplier invoices to GBS for processing.
- Assist in preparing accurate, meaningful reports on an ad hoc basis for management.
- Performing other relevant support activities as and when required.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Fresh graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any of the Professional Accountancy Qualification (CA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Basic Excel knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent influencing skills
- An ability to work effectively with all levels of staff within the company and externally
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time
- Creative problem-solving capabilities is a requirement
- Highly proactive
- Operate under tight deadlines
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!