- Company: Barrick
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper Mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Finance Intern.
Reporting to the: Accounts Payable Supervisor , your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Assist in maintaining an accurate and reliable database of creditors and ensuring prompt payments to suppliers.
- Timely and accurate processing of invoices in Pronto.
- Assist in posting all services in the system (SAP).
- Matching of invoices against purchase order and receipt.
- Receive vendors’ statements monthly.
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts with Vendor monthly statements and following up on reconciling items.
- Assist in resolving vendors’ queries assigned on finance query Helpdesk on time.
- Ensure that queries are actioned within 48 hours from time of allocation .
Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate and knowledge in ERP (SAP) will be an added advantage
- Must be proactive and goal oriented
- Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .