- Dissemination of information to refugees residing in the settlement, particularly on voluntary repatriation;
- Disseminate information to refugees residing in the settlement on solutions including voluntary repatriation and resettlement;
- Provide requests from refugees for voluntary repatriation and share repatriation-related data with Focal Person for updates in the ProGres registration database;
- In coordination with UNHCR partners, monitor reception, registration, transfers of refugees, provision of assistance and ensure Persons of Concern (POC) are treated in a dignified manner;
- Assist in monitoring the implementation of UNHCR programme including delivery of all assistance items and monitoring of and provide necessary support;
- Provide counseling, referral and protection services to persons of concern presenting themselves at the Office, particularly those in need of help with family tracing and reunification, travel documents, legal and/or social support;
- Conduct individual case management and referrals: i.e. to conduct protection assessments and counselling for individual cases as required, maintain appropriate filing records (both electronic and manual), and coordinate with community services and resettlement units for recommendations and provision of comprehensive assistance;
- Ensure the timely identification of refugees with specific needs using, inter alia, the Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Strategy, conduct assessments and refer them to relevant bodies, in consultation with the Protection Officer and other relevant staff in the Protection Unit and cooperating partners; to ensure adequate response is made;
- Follow up, on a regular basis, the overall situation of persons of concern in settlement and other areas where they have been accommodated and report accordingly;
- Assist to monitor the CBI distribution ensuring that the POCs are accessing their monthly Cash Based Interventions (CBI) and are accurately identified by the partners in accordance with the criteria in coordination with Programme Unit;
- Receive applications for UN Convention Travel Documents from refugees, verify the information provided and prepare requests to the Commissioner for Refugees;
- Review and coordinate the implementation of child protection paying attention to specific protection and physical needs;
- Monitor the implementation of activities related to Sex and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) prevention and response;
- Ensure that regular mobile court sessions are conducted and that refugees have access to legal justice system;
- Regularly follow-up on refugees incarcerated in prisons and advise on appropriate interventions to prevent arbitrary deportation and ensure that the refugees in remand/prison receive a fair trial and have access to legal representation;
- Participate in sectoral coordination activities and ensure timely reporting of relevant information on situation of refugees and asylum seekers;
- Monitor activities to ensure UNHCR’s policies, standards and procedures are constantly and coherently applied;
- Drafts and types routine correspondence, counseling reports, documents and reports and/or updating relevant databases;
- Performs other duties as required.
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Development Economics or related fields; Diploma-holders with substantial work experience will also be considered;
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel essential);
- Excellent drafting and communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of Swahili, French, Kinyarwanda, and/or Zambian languages an asset;
- Ability to function in a team of diverse backgrounds.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Experience in refugee protection, community development, or social work.
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14 October 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .