Drama/English Language Teacher
Jobs at:Italian School of Lusaka
Deadline of this Job:
05 July 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Italian School of Lusaka is seeking two suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic candidates to fill the roles of English/History teacher and Drama/English language teacher to be employed on part-time basis, but with a future possibility for full-time employment. Successful applicants will be required to commence work not later than 22nd August 2022. The appointees will report to the Deputy Head (Secondary) and directly contribute to all areas of teaching. The Italian School is an International school delivering a rounded Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) programme to children from Nursery up to A-Level.
Main Purpose of the Job
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate, facilitate and encourage a learning experience that provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree
• Teacher-related post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
• Current registration with TCZ as a secondary teacher. Experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience in teaching the CAIE programme up to senior classes.
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the subject area curriculum and related pedagogy
• Experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students.
The successful candidate should possess the following key skills:
• High motivation and willingness to continue learning.
• Excellent understanding of effective and engaging teaching methods.
• Have high expectations for all young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them.
• Full understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning.
• The ability to adapt schemes of work and lesson plans to suit the needs of students.
• Ability to use technology to enhance student learning and experience.
• A commitment to developing out-of-school hours activities to enhance progress, enrichment, enjoyment, and attainment in the subject.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
A CV and cover letter, including 3 contactable referees, must be sent to: [email protected]
Closing date: 5th July, 2022