Jobs at:Woodford School Lusaka
Deadline of this Job:
01 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Woodford School Lusaka is a beautiful purpose built and co?education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade seven (7).
The school has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes.
Woodford School`s philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child, and the holistic development of all learners. ‘imiti ikula empanga’ is Woodford School`s motto, and this belief permeates through every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast?changing world
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading provider of private education in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ) which provides excellent opportunities for inter?school competitions, tournaments and continuous professional development.
The core purpose of this role is planning, organizing and implementing an appropriate instructional program in the Upper Primary section’s learning environment that guides and challenges students to acquire expected knowledge, skills and understanding to fulfil their potential in the 21st Century.
• Taking responsibility for a primary class, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
• Working closely with the Head Teacher and colleagues to ensure the effective teaching and learning.
• Planning and implementing a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
• Planning and delivering lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
• Contributing to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
• Creating inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust, respect and fairness;
• Selecting relevant resources and leveraging digital tools to support and enhance learning;
• Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil’s learning;
• Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
• Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
• Play an active role in the school’s extra-curricular programmes.
• Any other assigned duties
Knowledge, Experience & Personal Competencies
• Full Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credit or better
• 2+ Year Experience at a reputable school
• Primary Teacher’s Diploma or better
• Registered and Licensed Member of the Teaching Council of Zambia
• A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
• Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
• Excellent IT and interpersonal skills essential to work closely with students, colleagues and parents
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree