- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the execution of all auto electrical work and Air-conditioning repairs on various vehicles in a safe and timely manner to client standards and specifications.
- Repair and service mining equipment both in w/shop and out in field when required on breakdowns
- Install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring.
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as engine management systems, hydraulic control systems, transmission control systems and machine monitoring systems.
- Complete service vehicle / equipment daily pre-start checks
- Be able to read and understand wiring diagrams produced by various OEM`s
- Be able to read and understand workshop manuals and be able to follow the diagnostic procedures required for specific faults
- Be able to use diagnostic tools including the use of a multimeter.
- Repair systems to OEM`s specifications.
- Service equipment as per service schedules supplied by Planner
- Repair equipment efficiently and consistent with the required standards of work
- Ensure work area is maintained according to correct housekeeping and environmental procedures
- Report any environmental incidents as soon as possible and assist as directed in all clean-up and containment activities
- Make use of workshop manuals/operation manuals when required
- Ensure that a clear hand-over is completed to the supervisor
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- Any work experience on mobile cranes will be a great advantage .
- Maintain work area/s in a satisfactory condition and ensure compliance with Workplace.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve Certificate (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in Auto Electrical Repairs / Equivalent from recognized institution
- Valid Class C Driving License
- Member of EIZ
- Craft certificate in refrigeration management will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as a qualified Auto Electrician