At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
• Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of subordinates.
• Ensure that parts are available in time before service or repairs are carried out. • Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
• Prioritise workload as per Equipment priority and production requirements.
• Ensure 100% works order compliance.
• Ensure that all the critical parts are stocked in the Warehouse.
• To plan ahead and ensure reliability of the Mobile Cranes and Cherry Pickers (JLGs).
• Advise management as to whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Drive to achieve required Mobile Cranes & JLGs availability targets.
• Ensure that tools and equipment being used by the Artisans are in good condition.
• Carry out employee’s performance reviews and assessments.
• Ensure Light Vehicles workshop maintains good housekeeping.
• Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an on-going basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees.
• Other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
• Grade 12 Certificate.
• Minimum of a Craft Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Auto Mechanics. • Possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Minimum experience of 2 – 3 years in a similar engineering role, with a particular focus on Heavy or Medium Vehicles, with at least two years of supervisory exposure.
• Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
• Root cause failure analysis skills and experience in identifying failures and defect elimination.
• Computer literacy with experience in Pronto system.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
• Ability to achieve results in a cross cultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
• Bold initiative
• Thinking Safety
• Upholding Quality
• Technical Skill
• Driving Quantity
• Driving attendanc
To apply for this job please visit firstquantum.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com .