At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The incumbent will be required to go through the FQMO familiarization program and upon satisfactory performance will be given an opportunity to become an engineer with the optimization department
- Contribute to the safety process improvements of the mine
- Critically assess all production processes for potential improvement
- Take interest in potential project and approach supervisor with proposals
- Compile Monthly progress reports
- Conduct ad hoc projects
- Complete and present monthly projects
- Support supervisory roles within production team
- Other duties as directed by the Direct Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- Member of EIZ
- Drivers Licence Class B (Manual)
- Experience working in an open pit environment will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: