Name of Position
: Business Analyst – ZCHPP Market Survey
Term of engagement : one month
Location : Lusaka
While Zambia has demonstrated progress in prevention and treatment of HIV in recent years, infection rates among young people have remained extremely high and, in some places, continue to rise. Priority populations, including adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), are still particularly vulnerable. Around 13% of new HIV infections in Zambia are in AGYW aged 15- 24 years, compared to 7% of their male counterparts, and HIV is their leading cause of death (ZDHS 2014). Structural drivers, both social and economic, fuel the epidemic by negatively impacting AGYW decisions regarding sexual behavior and sexual partners. Economic strengthening for AGYW will ultimately improve income generating options and increase their social assets thus reducing their vulnerability and susceptibility towards transactional sex. In an effort to address the many underlying causes of vulnerability among Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), Avencion will implement the Zambia Community HIV Prevention Program (ZCHPP) market survey across six districts identifying viable business ventures which can be successfully run by AGYW who are just beginning to manage and run business.
The Business Analyst will support the Market and Labor Survey (MLS) Team to carry out the ZCHPP market survey in their assigned district
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Desk Study and prepare market study kit for MLS Team in preparation for field work
- Gather demographic data on population growth and current projections on economic growth for various sectors within assigned districts
- Gather statistical data from civic authorities on rate of industry growth
- Identify trends in employment and supply chain figures for active sectors as per districts being assessed.
- Calculate percentage growth of specific industries based on field surveys triangulated with secondary data.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Design and maintain database
- Work with a team of analysts and other associates to process information
- Integrate raw data into reporting format with data visuals
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in statistics, economics, computer science, computer application or related field
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., Stata, SPSS) is a plus
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
How to Apply: Interested candidates can use this link for application form .
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com .