KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Develop a detailed technical scope of work for the prefabricated structure project to be submitted to USAID local mission.
• Conduct the technical assessment of the selected/identified DSD Facilities additional space requirements i.e. specifications. This will require site visits.
• Prepare and provide technical input in the preparation of concept note for the prefabricated structure project for USAID review and consent.
• Prepare a technical report that will guide the procurement requirements for the prefabricated project
• Take timely action to prevent potential delays and/or cost overruns that can be avoided
• Provide on-demand support on any relevant issues related to the proposed prefabricated structure project.
• Generate the project plan, work schedule for the local architecture and engineering firm that will undertake the construction of prefabricated structures.
• Prepare and update a high-level timeline showing when each phase of the project must be completed to meet the final deadline, showing a critical path bringing to the delivery of the project and ensure close monitoring of the progress of the project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Master’s degree in related field is desirable
• Project management experience is required, and certification will be an added advantage. accreditation
• Licensed civil engineer
• Should be a registered member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Desirable qualifications and Experience:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience related to the project requirements in construction projects is required.
• Excellent analytical skills and sectoral expertise is relevant.
• Experience from similar assignments (as supervising engineer or consultant)
• Excellent oral and written skills in English.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Conversant with USG requirements for construction projects
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with clients, donors and other stakeholders.
• Knowledge of national regulations regarding management of prefabricated structure projects is required.
• Communication skills in a complex multi-stakeholder environment in construction projects.
• Ability to work under time pressures and considerable work-load.
• Ability to successfully perform site supervision duties and desk reviews and analyses.
• Strong Report writing abilities and attention to detail.
To apply for this job please visit www.devex.com .