Zanaco PLC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with relevant experience for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Information Technology Division under the Projects & Technology Transformation Department at Head Office: –
HEAD – PROJECTS & TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION (X1)
Responsible for providing leadership, management, coordination and direction to teams delivering strategic projects and initiatives. Take responsibility of the projects portfolio to ensure they are delivered to customer satisfaction, are fit for purpose, on schedule and within budget, whilst maintaining quality control always. Work closely with the business and other key stakeholders to ensure that agreed benefits and other objectives are met or exceeded. Have deep understanding of related fields such as business strategy, risk management and finance and the ability to lead and influence relationships with senior stakeholders and vendors.
Under the supervision of the Chief Information Officer , the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities : –
- Manages the day-to-day implementation aspects of multiple or large-scale projects
- Implements review and quality assurance procedures in order to ensure profitable and successful execution
- Champion the implementation of projects portfolio management across the organization
- Provide overall direction and leadership for the implementation and delivery of strategic projects portfolio that contribute to banks overall performance
- Establish the project organization structure and coordinating mechanisms (e.g. steering committee/project board), and define roles and responsibilities
- Track market prices on project, initiatives and software development
- Identify cross project and sub project dependencies and reflect these in the plan
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Pro-actively looks for improvements in the Bank and suggests initiatives to realise them
- Introduce innovation into the process that can impact results, enhance profitability and enable the organization to meet its business objectives and goals
- Work with teams to transform requirements into deliverables and identify enablers that strategically assist in achieving the project benefits
- Conduct enterprise analysis, design, planning and implementation in order to support strategies in the Bank
- Create and implement the application and technology architecture
- Investigate new business architecture to determine the cost benefit analysis and avoid duplications that are costly
- Responsible for managing the software development team ensuring that solutions developed are prioritized and meet the Bank Standards and expectations to support strategy execution
- Continuously improve systems and solutions to create efficiencies in customer service delivery
- Making recommendations to business in order to automate and make processes efficient or improve customer experience
- Manage and implement outsourced developmental work to meet Banks expectations and adherence to information security
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management to evaluate and ensure cost-effective purchase decisions
- Managing the change portfolio, which allows the organization to prepare for and successfully adopt the change.
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan.
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Evaluating the change impact and organizational readiness to limit potential risk.
- Supporting training and communication as part of change management. Activities may include designing or delivering specialized training resources to appropriate userbase.
- Evaluate risk likelihood and impact and prioritize them for analysis and response planning
- Ensure that all applicable risks applicable are identified, assessed, reported and captured in the risk register
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting of risk events within the stipulated time line
- Ensure all emerging risks are reported and mitigating factors put in place
- Identify, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) in the department and ensure that the department within the given risk appetites and report any breaches promptly
- Implement and close all audit recommendations, identified control weaknesses from the Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA), consultancy reports or customer complaints and risk events
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- External: Vendors/External Consultants
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or related field
- At least eight (8) years’ experience in in ICT field and project management involvement preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Banking and Finance an added advantage
- Certifications: Prince II Certification, Prince II Agile Certification, Business and Process Analysis, PMP, ITIL Certification will be an added advantage.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills
- Good Project Management Skills
- Good Business and Process Analysis
- Software Development Skills
- Enterprise Architecture and Systems design
- Customer focused
- Documentation Skills
- Ability to analyze and control budgets
- Time Management skills
- Presentation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Persuasion skills
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Monday, 28th December 2020.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO .
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]