NATIONAL PENSION SCHEME AUTHORITY
The National Pension Scheme Authority (NAPSA) wishes to recruit for the position of Director Projects on a Five-year fixed term contract to be based at its Head Office in Lusaka. The position will report directly to the Director General.
The successful applicant will be expected to have demonstrable competencies relevant to the job and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
DIRECTOR PROJECTS NPS01 (Five Year Contract): Head Office
1.0 Main Purpose of the Job
The Director Projects coordinates the operations of the directorate to ensure delivery of the NAPSA projects within the set timelines and quality standards. Additionally, the Director develops the directorate strategy and budgets and coordinates the development of work plans for the sections in the directorate as well as monitors the utilisation of the budget.
The jobholder will among other things be responsible for:
- Develop, implement and monitor the directorates’ strategy that supports efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of the NAPSA projects, to ensure attainment of the NAPSA business objectives;
- Develop and monitor the utilization of the directorate budget to ensure efficiency in the utilization of the NAPSA resources;
- Develop and implement the directorate work plan to assist in the implementation of the directorate strategy, to ensure attainment of timelines and quality standards;
- Keep track of the project scope to ensure appropriate strategies are developed and implemented to manage any changes to the scope, to ensure delivery of the project within the set time frame and budget;
- Resolve all issues that emanate from the project to ensure minimal disruptions to the project in order to deliver the project within the set timelines, budget, and quality standards;
- Monitor the delivery of service by the hired consultants to ensure minimal compromise on quality, and for the consultants to deliver with the set timelines agreed on;
- Provide status reports on project performance to the project sponsor and management to ensure appropriate interventions are developed and implemented to address any challenges brought out in the reports, for NAPSA investment objectives to be realized;
- Coordinate project evaluation to ensure alignment with quality standards;
- Approve project design specification to enhance quality of the projects;
- Review all the analyzed costs for tenders and contracts for all the NAPSA projects to ensure the costs are favourable to NAPSA;
- Coordinate the development of the directorate staff competencies to ensure the availability of technical competencies critical for successful delivery of projects at NAPSA;
- Supervise staff to ensure achievement of directorates objectives.
- Five (5) “O” Levels with credit and above including Mathematics and English
- Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or related fields.
- Project/Construction Management Professional or equivalent
- Registered with relevant professional body such as Engineering Institute of Zambia and in possession of valid practicing certificate.
Personal and Professional Experience:
- Not less than ten (10) years of experience in project management at a senior management level, managing projects of similar scope. 2.0
Your application letter should specify your contact details including contact telephone number(s), CV(s) and copies of relevant Certificates.
Application letters should be addressed to:
National Pension Scheme Authority
Cnr of Ben Bella & Lumumba Road
P O Box 51275
The closing date is Monday 2 nd August, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
ANY FORM OF LOBBYING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION OF THE CANDIDATE AND ONLY APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS INDICATED ABOVE WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
Be Smart, Secure Your Future.