Country Head, IT Support
Jobs at:United Bank for Africa
Deadline of this Job:
26 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Country Head, IT Support
Ensure the high availability of the Country subsidiary’s IT infrastructure for the service of customers and the conduct of business
Functionally reports to the COO
• Ensure the IT infrastructure is available for business and customer service. Promptly resolve any customer complaints or difficulties with the use of the IT infrastructure
• Adapt and implement the Group’s IT polices and make recommendations of changes based on policies of the region.
• Turnaround promptly customer IT problems or requests. Analyze customer feedback and plan strategically to deal with issues at root cause level rather reactional “knee-jerk” management approach.
• Ensure the data centre environment is well managed from conduciveness and security perspectives. Implement stringent change and resource management processes to ensure high systems availability.
• Manage corporate budgets to ensure no negative variances year on year. Ensure cost targets are also met. Institute strong inventory/asset controls for IT equipment. Always engage global OEM to negotiate best discounts and prices for the country subsidiary.
• Ensure 100% availability of FINACLE application or any other Computer Based Application used by UBA Group. Support in a controlled manner application customizations required to meet business needs.
• Maintain a standard desktop environment within the country subsidiary that ensures optimal use of hardware and network resources and provides a secure computing environment.
• Consolidate UBA Group application architecture in the country subsidiary to the extent of creating productivity leverage for systems construction and a uniform platform for support and standard architecture/environment for hardware, database and network.
• Attract, train and develop high caliber staff for future management of the IT function within the region. Motivate staff and create a conducive environment for staff to enjoy working for the country subsidiary.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Level of coverage of IT infrastructure bank-wide
• Number of complaints from staffs
• Time rate for responding to complaints
• Availability of resources on all Enterprise servers
• Timely conclusion of assigned deliverables and projects
• Level of network coverage bank-wide
• Level of customer satisfaction
• Network Design and Optimization Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Good Customer Relations Skills
• Leadership Skills
• Close Attention to Detail.
• Communication Skills (written and oral)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Continuous learning
• IT Support Skills
• Server (physical and cloud) infrastructure Management
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
• Banking operations, policies and procedures
• Satellite, VSAT, Narrow Band & Broadband Radio Technologies
• Digital Subscriber Line, ISDN, Basic Rate Interface.
• OSI Stack Level 1,2,3, 4 & 5 Knowledge
• MS Office Suite including MS Project & Visio
• Router & Network Switch – Configuration and Trouble Shooting
• Transmission and Routing Protocols
• Voice Switching, Voice over IP and GSM/GPRS Technologies.
• Technical knowledge in Information Technology.
• Business management concepts and techniques.
• Good knowledge of digital banking trends.
• Minimum education level –First Degree in computer science, mathematics or related fields, Higher degrees/MBA/Professional Certification compulsory
• Minimum experience – 8 years’ relevant work experience, 4 years’ in IT leadership/management position
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications to [email protected] before 26th May 2022