Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need. Since 2000 CRS Zambia has been implementing a number of programmes to support vulnerable communities in Zambian. Recent programming areas include: nutrition, agriculture, food security, HIV/AIDS, WASH, financial inclusion, and early child development.
You will support activities related to warehouse maintenance and goods receipt, storage handling, monitoring, and dispatch in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure goods entrusted to the organization by donors are maintained applying established standards and in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local supply chain accountability standards and requirements.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinates activities to ensure warehousing and storage facilities and all the necessary equipment and supplies are secured and maintained in excellent physical condition and quantities for proper storage and safeguarding of goods
- Supports the Maintenance of warehousing/ storage facilities by conducting regular inspection and cleaning of facilities and its surrounding
- Preparing the warehouse/storage facilities for receiving and dispatch and oversee the loading and offloading activities
- Help prepare necessary documentation for receiving, dispatch, damages, loss and disposal and files records as per established standards and procedure
- Ensure a systematic Packing and layout/clear labelling of items in the storeroom
- Receive and Binning of new stock of IGs/ GIK
- Ensure to document all transactions on bin cards as they occur ( On the fact)
- Prompt distribution activities with programming/ Fleet
- Dispatch Inventoriable goods to the authorised recipient with a fully approved waybill
- Follow up on waybills/ ensure to attend to returned purchased inventorial goods
- Repackaging the fully approved damaged packages of Inventoriable Goods
- Report immediately all damages and losses to GSA and Administration Manager
- Set up and maintain a waybill tracking system that will account for all waybills in circulation
- Follow up on distribution plans for all purchased inventoriable goods with the different projects
- Report on any noted variances after receiving and inspecting goods in the storerooms
- Report on any other variances /shortages/ overages during and after distributions
- Files and distributes documents as required; and assists with the preparation of reports related to goods movements damage, or loss, inventory stock control and warehouse activities weekly and at monthend close
- Updating Inventoriable Goods tracking tool
- Ensure to replenish documentation needed in managing the storeroom processes
- File all yellow LPOS by category of i.e. inventoriable goods, Assets USD5000 and above, assets below USD5000 but above USD500 and Assets below USD500.
- Assist with any other warehouse and administrative duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Administration, procurement or logistics required.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge and understanding of warehouse and inventory practices.
- Able to use MS Office Excel and Word.
Required Languages – English:
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 20 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Good communication and relationship management skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal : Programs, Procurement, Administration, Finance
External : Suppliers, implementing partners
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Important Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Method of Application
Applicant Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.