Jobs at:UN Volunteers
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
The UNV Research Assistant will report to the Project Manager (PMU) . The UN Volunteer’s tasks will be divided into the following core areas:
• Support Research and Monitoring and Evaluation activities on the Project;
• Support project implementation at district level;
• Perform research activities to characterize specific groups in terms of different indicators of well being;
• Performing background research assistance (qualitative and quantitative) on project activities;
• Provision of research assistance activities for all Unit initiatives;
• Provision of support on preparation of different types of executive documents derived from the advisory activities provided by the Unit to the Directorate;
• Support preparation of district level reports;
• Support the development of knowledge management and articles for publication;
• Any other duties assigned by PMU.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
• Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Climate Change, Agriculture, Development Studies or related development field;
• Knowledge in research and research methodology;
• General knowledge of political and economic context in Zambia;
• General knowledge of UNDP work in Zambia is desirable.
• At least 2 years of progressive agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations;
• Some experience in research work is added advantage.
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
Agro-industry and agricultural marketing
Area of expertise details
• Agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
/>* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile .
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 14 June 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .