The UNV Research Assistant will report to the Project Manager (PMU) . The UN Volunteer’s tasks will be divided into the following core areas:
- Support Research and Monitoring and Evaluation activities on the Project;
- Support project implementation at district level;
- Perform research activities to characterize specific groups in terms of different indicators of well being;
- Performing background research assistance (qualitative and quantitative) on project activities;
- Provision of research assistance activities for all Unit initiatives;
- Provision of support on preparation of different types of executive documents derived from the advisory activities provided by the Unit to the Directorate;
- Support preparation of district level reports;
- Support the development of knowledge management and articles for publication;
- Any other duties assigned by PMU.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environment, Climate Change, Agriculture, Development Studies or related development field;
- Knowledge in research and research methodology;
- General knowledge of political and economic context in Zambia;
- General knowledge of UNDP work in Zambia is desirable.
- At least 2 years of progressive agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations;
- Some experience in research work is added advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Agro-processing and alternative livelihood operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.unv.org .