Re-Advertised: Agriculture & Sectoral Statistician
Deadline of this Job:
20 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The overall responsibility of this position to provide technical support in the development and implementation of agriculture and sectoral statistical programmes relating to (agriculture, environment, climate change, infrastructure, industry, energy, and ICT statistics) that supports the current and future needs of COMESA Treaty and Medium-Term Strategic Plan objectives.
The specific responsibilities include:
• Undertake and coordinate statistical capacity building work in Member states to generating quality, reliable and timely agriculture and food security statistics, climate change and environment statistics, gender statistics, infrastructure, industry, and energy statistics.
• Provide and coordinate technical support in Member states related to agricultural, environment and climate change statistics, gender statistics, industrial, infrastructure, energy, and ICT statistics in the context of related MTSP strategic objectives.
• Provide and coordinate statistical technical support to COMESA operations Divisions and Institutions to support agricultural and sectoral policy related work.
• Prepare regional datasets on agriculture and food security, environment and climate change, gender statistics, infrastructure, industry, energy, and ICT statistics are validated, useable and consistent and continually updated on COMSTAT.
• As part of the SHASA II COMESA team, contribute to the work of relevant Statistical Technical Groups (STGs) on agriculture, infrastructure, energy, industry, environment & climate changeat AUC level.
• Develop knowledge products to support COMESA’s MTSP particularly related to agriculture and food security, environment and climate change statistics, gender statistics, energy,infrastructure, and industry. This includes COMESA’s annual statistical bulletins.
• Provide technical input in the use of existing databases on COMESA (COMSTAT) and other public data portals for research studies conducted on agriculture, environment, gender and climate change, infrastructure, and industry research activities.
• Prepare work plans and budget inputs for Agriculture/ Sectoral statistics component of the Unit’s annual work plans to secure approval for resources required to implement statistical programmes in line with unit mandate.
• Develop statistical sub programs for COMESA Divisions and COMESA Institutions that aredeveloping larger regional integration programs.
• Develop project/ research proposals on agriculture and sectoral statistics topics relevant to the COMESA integration program.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Unit to achieve COMEA statistics mandate.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application should reach the address below not later than 20 April 2022 at 18:00 hours Lusaka,
The Director of Human Resources and Administration
Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa
Ben Bella Road,
P.O Box 30051,
Email: [email protected]