We Effect is recruiting
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa, and collaborate mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together.
We Effect, Regional Office of Southern Africa (ROSA), under Zambia Country Office is looking for an experienced Project Officer for the anticipated EU funding on Lusaka Transmission Distribution Rehabilitation Project (LTDRP) – Low voltage Distribution Network: Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support. The project is aimed at building resilient and profitable businesses able to use electricity and owned by women and youth.
The preferred candidate will play a key role in ensuring technical support to We Effect’s partner organisations, especially as regards to gender transformation, transformative leadership, micro small enterprising and business development. Must possess an extensive network, in-depth understanding and skills in monitoring, evaluation and learning for the project. The Project Officer will also assist in ensuring smooth coordination of activities by We Effect and its partner organisations to guarantee compliance with the grant agreement and We Effects policies, strategies and quality requirements.
We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Regional Office is based in Lusaka, Zambia. For more information, see www.weeffect.org .
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of project strategy and management.
- Supporting and coordinating the ongoing data collection, collation and analysis for the baseline, mid-term review and evaluation process.
- Supporting the coordination and administration of the project including financial management, partnership agreements, following up on reports, organising technical training and support for partner organisations.
- Representation and communication; and
Other responsibilities as assigned.
About The Candidate:
As Project Officer, you are a team player willing to work with 2 partner organisations with experienced in gender transformative programming and micro small enterprising , able to work independently and provide technical assistance to partners. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with partner organisations, staff and other stakeholders. You have excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines. As an officer, you are positive and have the ability to work under tight deadlines. You share We Effect’s values and vision of a sustainable and just world free from poverty for all.
- Relevant academic degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Business Management, Administration, Agriculture, Economics, or related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience of Programme coordination including, but not limited to Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and European Commission.
- At least three years’ experience of working in gender transformative programming and micro small enterprising or business development in Zambia.
- Good knowledge of methods and methodologies for planning, monitoring, and learning.
- Knowledge and experience of management of business, marketing, and sales in general.
- Experience in organisational development to form viable sustainable organisations in particular in the cooperative sector and with women-led organisations.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Experience in micro small enterprising or business development.
- Experience in applying a Human Rights Based Approach.
- Experience of working on environment, climate change or resilience.
- Proficiency in two or more Zambian local languages.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and does not discriminate applicants on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: