- Kabwe, Zambia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation http://www.snv.org/ is a Dutch based International Development Organisation that provides market-based solutions for the poor through local institutions and organisations in 28 developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, we have built a long-term, local presence in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development
SNV is preparing for an exciting new project focusing on changing the business models in cotton, dairy and horticulture production systems. The project, which is to start in January 2020 is a three year project. Working with companies, SMEs and farmers, the new project brings together lessons from previous achievements in climate smart agriculture and renewable energy and works on proving the premise that an integrated private sector approach to climate change can be commercially viable and environmentally sustainable:
Integrated Soil Fertility Management + Agroforestry + Bio-slurry + Renewable Energy + Irrigation
More climate friendly, stable & higher yields
The project maintains a strong orientation on the differing roles of men and women farmers in farming and in business and also on youth (self) employment.
Overview of the Position
The project team consists of a Project Manager based in Lusaka, three Field Coordinators each based in a field office, Project Field Officer-CSA and RE officers, M&E and gender specialists. The field offices are in Katete (cotton), Mazabuka (dairy), Kabwe (horticulture). The Project Field Officer– CSA will be based in Kabwe office and will be responsible for the field implementation of climate smart practices in the project focus areas. In direct coordination with the Project Manager the incumbent will design and carry out climate smart interventions and will foster capacity building of stakeholders on climate smart practices along the agricultural value chain. Stakeholders include companies, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), cooperatives, government extension officers, agro-dealers, tree nursery farmers, equipment suppliers and farmers.
- Promote and increase stakeholder capacities in climate smart agriculture (CSA) solutions for smallholder farmers.
- Support the switch by companies, SMEs and others to reorient their products and services to cater for a more climate resilient market for the respective agribusinesses/ value chains.
- Technical assistance on implementation of CSA practices, often in conjunction with energy colleagues
- Conducting trainings on CSA solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities
- Support in administrative day to day operations of the field office.
- Support the design and implementation of activities in line with the annual project plan.
- Bachelors’ degree in agriculture or other relevant topic with a minimum of 3 years working experience OR a School Certificate with a minimum of 5 years working experience,
- Proven track record with over 3 years of experience in climate smart agriculture methods in rural areas; these include agroforestry, conservation farming, integrated water resource management,
- Practical experience in one of the following topics Renewable energy, Youth (self) Employment and Gender,
- Strong communication skills and ability to conduct trainings under extreme conditions
- Private sector experience is an asset,
- ICT / Computer Literacy,
· Fluency in written and oral English, proficiency in multiple local languages is an asset.
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters on or before 22ND December 2020 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be dealt with strict confidentiality. We will revert to you as soon as we have reviewed your application.
To apply for this job please visit http://www.smartrecruiters.com .