Project Coordinator-Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project
Jobs at:Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
Deadline of this Job:
19 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Government of the Republic of Zambia
Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Expressions of Interest for the Position of Project Coordinator-Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project
Name of Project: Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project
Loan No.: 2000200000602
Project Id: P-ZM-AAF-002
Background to the Assignment
The Government of the Republic of Zambia having received financing from the African Development Bank is implementing the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project. The Project intends to apply part of the funds towards hiring the services of a Project Coordinator
Key Result Areas for the Post
• The incumbent shall ensure that the provisions of the Financing Agreement are strictly adhered to while using the Project Appraisal Report (Volumes I and II) as a reference point in the process of implementation
• Ensure that relevant Government and AIDB policies, manuals, guidelines and procedures are properly adhered to in the process of Project implementation
• Coordinate the preparation and submission of Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWP&B) timely basis
• Supervise and coordinate the activities and functions of core PCT staff
• Review and update the Procurement Plan, together with the Procurement Specialist, for works, goods and services including examining bid documents and consultantsToRs in line with the Bank's procurement rules and procedures.
• Facilitate preparation of ToRs for consultants, in consultation with MoF and enter into agreement with consultants
• Liaise with the AIDB, including:
• Submit request for procurement of works. goods and services to the AIDB for "No Objection".
• Ensure that the loan disbursement requests are submitted to AIDB in a timely manner and in accordance with the Financing Agreement.
• Prepare and submit to the AfDB financial and physical progress reports as per the Financial Agreement
• Coordinate and facilitate Project annual review meetings (No later than one month prior to cach annual review meeting, send a detailed progress report to the ADB and MF&L for their review/comments).
• Facilitate the Mid-Term Review (MTR) and no later than six weeks prior to the MTR furnish to the AMB and the Government a progress report describing the status of the implementation of each Project component
• Facilitate production of the Project Completion Report (PCR)
• Ensure that Designated Accounts) are opened following the laid down A B and Government procedures. Submit requests to the AfDB to disburse funds to the authorized allocations into the Designated Accounts).
• Ensure manual Audits of the Project accounts are being undertaken by Auditors and facilitate submission of the Audit Reports to the Bank, within six months after the end of cach financial year.
• Monitor and follow-up all training sessions under the project
• Follow-up the progress achieved in the implementation of the Project with special reference to monitoring indicators.
• Prepare and submit to the Bank/NNPSC quarterly Project Progress Reports which will include summary of activities undertaken as per the AWP&B.
• The PC must be able and available to travel on a regular basis within the Provinces and Districts supported by the project.
• Perform the duties of secretariat to the NPSC.
• Facilitate Gender and also Nutrition issues of the Project
• Undertake any other duties, related to the Project that may be assigned by the Director of Fisheries
Required Qualifications and Experience
• The candidate must have a minimum of MSc degree in aquaculture Fisheries, agriculture economics, agriculture science or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in the Projects development with about 3 years of management experience
• Experience with the civil service (Government) and donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
• Ability to use the Microsoft Office standard software (Word, Excel and Power Point).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with colleagues from diverse disciplines
• Strong organizing, work planning and scheduling skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written English
The successful candidate will be recruited for an initial duration of one (I No ) year and thereafter, the contract will be renewed, subject to satisfactory performance and extension of the project.
Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (application and detailed CV).
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the African Development Bank Rules and Procedures for use of Consultants, May 2008, Revised July 2012, Sections 5.1-5.2 for Selection of Individual Consultants
The potential applicants may obtain further information by contacting the address below during the official hours from 08.00 to 17.00 hours (Monday to Friday).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Expressions of Interest, in sealed envelopes, clearly marked, "APPLICATION FOR PROJECT COORDINATOR FOR THE ZAMBLA AQUACULTURE ENTERRPISE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT” must be deposited in the Tender Box at the address below not later than Tuesday, 19th October 2021 at 10:00 hours, local time.
Late or electronic submissions shall not be accepted.
The address(es) referred to above are:
For Clarifications and Submission
Head - Procurement and Supplies Unit
3rd Floor, Room 310
Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
P.O. Box 50060, Ridgeway
E-mail: [email protected]