Project Assistant-Monitoring Intern
Jobs at:Zambia Children’s Mission
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Zambia , Mpongwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Children’s Mission is a local NGO working in partnership with Scandivian Children’s Mission on projects aimed at empowering the rural communities for sustainable livelihoods. Since its inception Zambia Children’s Mission has contributed positively by way of constructing schools, providing clean and safe water through the provision of bore holes, building capacity by way of skills transfer and building poverty resilient communities through the provision of start-up capitals in form of Goats and farming inputs. The organization seeks to engage an intern for the Enhancing climate smart Agriculture Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop project monitoring plan (PMP) of the projects in line with project LFA and consulting with Programme team and partners.
• Conduct regular community visits to carry out process monitoring as well as gather feedback from participants.
• Ensure implementation of field activities adheres to monitoring and evaluation system.
• Identify and document success stories and case studies on extra-ordinary aspects of the programs.
• Coordinate with field coordinators for collecting data against agreed indicators.
• Engage with Field Coordinators to collect and manage essential data of their respective projects.
• Ensure quality of data collected by field coordinators.
• Provide feedback to partners and Programme teams on projects’ performance based on monitoring data findings.
• Assist Programs in building capacity of Partners on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E)
• Assist in designing, coordinating, and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
• Assist in developing quarterly, six-month, and annual reports.
• Assist in designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Surveys (PIMS)
• Assist in conducting Programme Data Review
Reporting and Documentation
• Support partners in designing and disseminating research studies by providing relevant input.
• Supervise regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verifications.
• Develop and share field visit reports with relevant staff.
• Upload key reports as requested.
• Assist during multi-year plan and budget (MPB) process to develop a good quality MPB for the country Programme (CP)
• Assist Manager in reviewing project plans during MPB process.
• Ensure quality of data/ statistics in project plans.
Learning and Sharing
• Share learnings from M&E process with the wider team
• Promote culture of two-way learning in the organisation.
• Contribution to Effectiveness of the Programme
• Work collaboratively with different programmes for strengthening integration and cross-learning in programmes.
• Proactively volunteer for various team activities.
• Show an eagerness to take on any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern may be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with the supervisor.
• Must be a Christian with good Character
• Diploma in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or any Social Science studies. A Degree in any Social Sciences will be an added advantage.
• Keen to learn, ability to work with drive and enthusiasm and function in team-oriented environment.
• Computer proficiency in Database Management, Statistical packages, Microsoft office suite (especially Excel)
• Good and acceptable facilitation skills
• The ability to identify essential information.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an application letter and CV ONLY to [email protected] no later than Monday 23rd July 2021 clearly indicating the Position in the Subject Line.