- Company: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We aim for premium quality and focus on only three sectors: agriculture, energy and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). With a long-term, local presence in over 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, we know how governments work and how relationships are built. Implementing our mission exclusively through project financing requires us to work efficiently and invest in operational excellence every day. Our team of more than 1,300 staff is the backbone of SNV.
The Chambeshi Lukanga Sanitation & Hygiene Project
SNV Zambia is implementing the multi-country, Dutch funded Chambeshi-Lukanga Sanitation & Hygiene project in partnership with Chambeshi and Lukanga Water and Sanitation Companies as well as the respective Local Authorities of Kabwe, Kasama, Mbala, Nakonde and Mpulungu. The 5 years project (2017-2022) aims to sustainably improve access to and use of sanitation services and improve hygiene behaviours for 200,000 and 260,000 people respectively in peri-urban/urban areas. It is built on three core strategic objectives, namely (1) increasing demand for improved WASH facilities and practices, (2) improving the quality of service provision and by (3) improving governance of the sector.
Project Assistant Position Summary
The Project Assistant (PA) will work in a cross-cutting support role for the Chambeshi Lukanga Sanitation & Hygiene Project under the coordination of the Project Manager. The role entails administrative management support responsibilities with contribution expected also on communication & visibility. Specific scope of work within the project is the following:
- Support Project Administration in full compliance with SNV’s administrative and financial guidelines, including:
- Supporting in procurement of goods and services,
- Budgeting for activities and organization of respective retirements,
- Logistic and Travel arrangements,
- Documentation of payment requests
- Provide general support to project activities and its documentation, including:
- Preparing meetings agendas, attendance lists, attendant’s signatures
- Activities & meeting reports, including recording and photo taking when relevant
- Project documentation – hard and soft copies
- Oversee consistency and coherence with SNV, donor and partner
- visibility guidelines for all activities and products of the project
- Assist the technical advisors work as requested
The Project Assistant (PA) key responsibilities are the following:
- Guarantee full alignment of financial and administrative operations within the Chambeshi Lukanga Sanitation & Hygiene Project with SNV’s financial and administrative guidelines
- Lead administrative and financial related communication between the Lusaka office and the project locations
- Ensure project documentation in line with SNV’s Project Management reporting and accountability requirements
- Provide timely and high quality response to logistical and general support requests from the technical team
- Guarantee quality and compliance with visibility guidelines, including in the office space, in the documents published and in the public events/activities delivered
- Provide logistical support for project activities
a) University degree b) Minimum 2 (two) years of relevant professional experiences, preferably in an International NGO c) Knowledge in finance and administration procedures d) Experience in organizing events/activities/trainings, including logistics and procurements e) Very organized, results driven, structured work style skills f) Ability to communicate with a different range of stakeholders and partners, including government counterparts and international partners and donors g) Ability to document activities (both in writing and visually) in an organized, straightforward way h) Knowledge in Sanitation issues is a plus i) Good computer skills (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point, Internet and Outlook)
Duty station: Lusaka with regular travelling to the project locations (Kabwe, Kasama, Mbala, Mpulungu and Nakonde)
Contract duration: 1 year contract with the possibility of extension.
Interested candidates should apply by sending Cover letter and CV not later than 19th January 2021.