The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : University Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Development Studies, Project Management, Agriculture, Agriculture Economics or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
Experience : At least 3 years programme experience in comparable and/or relevant position in the public service or private sector or an International Organization.
Language : Excellent written and spoken English.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. In liaison with activity 3 manager and extension staff from the Government and NGO partners, provide training to smallholders in Post-Harvest Handling and Storage (PHHS) and facilitating access to appropriate hermetic sealed storage solutions.
2. Build capacity of agrodealers and establish an efficient private sector led distribution network for PHHS equipment in districts where projects will be implemented.
3. Provide technical support to Government (MoA) and partners at field level in backstopping trainings for smallholders in production of drought tolerant value chains, post-harvest loss management, access and appropriate use of hermetic storage technologies such as Purdue Improved Crop Storage (PICS) bags.
4. Act as primary interlocutor for the rural financial market through village savings and credit with the districts where the project is implemented
5. Organize, coordinate and manage technical assessments for the rural financial services such as credit and savings and provide linkage to the village savings and loans associations.
6. Support partnerships, coordinate and monitor the development of rural finance financial services such savings and credit activities with cooperating partners.
7. Support the incorporation of social behavioural change communication (SBCC) for nutrition across all activities.
8. Support business development for the processing of nutritious foods.
9. Any other activity as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance Can facilitate implementation of food assistance programmes under guidance using basic understanding of principles and good practices of programme design, implementation and monitoring.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers) Demonstrates ability to facilitate, under guidance, food assistance programme implementation that deploys full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Knowledge of Specialized Areas Understands basic technical concepts and data andtheir relevance to food assistance programmes.
Emergency Programming Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Govt Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and write report as well as engage with external relevant stakeholders such as Government, UN Agencies, NGOs and Private Sector;
- Understanding of food security vulnerability and ability to link analysis to Programme design, in the context of WFP programmes and
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and write reports as well as engage with external relevant stakeholders such as Government, UN Agencies, NGOs and private sector.
- Understand food security vulnerability and able to link analysis to Programme design, in the context of WFP programmes.
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high-quality programme activities.
DEAD LINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to receiving applications: 5th March 2021 at Mid-night.
Applications should be sent on-line only , through WFP recruitment website at: https://www.wfp.org/careers.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu .