The Hunger Project Zambia (THP – Zambia), is a branch of the Global Hunger Project, a non-profit, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. Our vision is a world where every woman, man and child leads a healthy, fulfilling life of self-reliance and dignity. Our mission is to end hunger and poverty by pioneering sustainable, grassroots, women-centered strategies and advocating for their widespread adoption in countries throughout the world. THP-Zambia has been operating in Zambia since 2019 and is currently implementing an Epicenter Community Led Development project in Vubwi District of Eastern Province. The epicenter strategy in Zambia is co-created and is being implemented with partner NGOs.
Program Assistant Officer: reporting to the National Programs Director,
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with key stakeholders including government and other development actors
- Coordinate with partners and government ministries to facilitate effective and timely program implementation
- Provide technical support role to the implementing partners in the project.
- Participation in key stakeholder events
- Provide technical support during trainings at community level.
- Fluency in both Chichewa and English required.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, rural /community development, social work, agriculture or any relevant social science.
- At least 2 (two) years’ relevant experience, preference working for international and local NGOs, and community-based organizations.
- Experience working with rural communities
- Preference for previous experience or work or lived in Chipata.
- Experienced motor bike rider with valid license
Method of Application
Interested and qualified, please send your CV (resumes), with names and contacts of two traceable referees and a motivation covering letter and salary expectation addressed to: The National Programs Director,
The Hunger Project Zambia, C/O Heifer International Zambia,
Plot # 1223 Katopola Road, Rhodes Park.
PO Box 38237, Lusaka or electronically to be received:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply