Procurement Manager (Re-Advertised)
Jobs at:Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation PLC (ZAFFICO)
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Zambia , Ndola , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Forestry and Forest Industries Corporation PLC (ZAFFICO) is a listed and publicly-traded Company whose mission is to establish and manage industrial exotic forest plantations and agroforestry products in order to meet demand and maximize return on investment
In pursuance of its mission and strategic goals, the Corporation is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the under listed position:
Procurement Manager (4 Year Contract of Service)
Reporting to the Managing Director
To efficiently and effectively plan, administer and control purchases of goods and services to support and sustain Company operations promptly at the most economic costs.
Main Duties and Accountabilities of the Job Holder
• Plan and implement robust purchasing strategies in liaison with the end-users so as to obtain required goods and services from local and foreign suppliers economically, promptly and continually
• Champion a strong culture of ethics and corporate compliance
• Design documents, supervise the administration process of supply by regulating inputs, ordering and local and foreign purchase formalities
• Survey supply markets, enquire and qualify suppliers on basis of price competitiveness, quality and delivery performance, negotiate, re-negotiate or terminate orders or contracts as may be recommended when changes occur to warrant such action
• Prepare bid documents, participate in the Tender Committee by inviting tenders, circulating tenders, guidelines, procedures and regulations to members, take and prepare minutes and submit according to the Zambia Public Procurement Authority requirements
• Check and sign orders/contract of purchases to ensure pertinent terms and conditions are clearly stated, documented to protect the Corporation from unnecessary or unauthorized commitments at all times
• Provide procurement and stores information and/or participate in the management planning by attending or reporting - monthly reports and any other reports as may be assigned by the supervisor as management planning input for information or further action
• Liaise with superiors and end users on matters of purchases outside standard procedures and/or specification, seeking further guidance or to suggest alternative product/services and market sources
• Build, motivate and retain a strong Purchasing team.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the superior from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 12 School Certificate.
• University Degree in any relevant discipline
• Full Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) qualification or its equivalent.
• Six (6) years post qualification relevant experience.
• Member of the Zambia Institute Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
• A deep understanding of the Zambian Public Procurement rules and procedures will be a distinct advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates may submit their application letters, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae indicating contact telephone or mobile numbers, names and contact addresses of three traceable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal or email addresses below:
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCE
P O BOX 71566
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 6 August, 2021.