Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under The Direct Supervision Of The Head Of Field Office, Kawambwa And Under The Technical/functional Supervision Of The Livelihoods Officer, The UN Volunteer Will Undertake The Following Tasks
- Support and ensure a sustained and structured co-ordination mechanism (regular meetings, information sharing etc) of livelihoods projects in Mantapala Settlement;
- Contribute to timely, effective and efficient implementation of all livelihood’s interventions, by livelihoods partner, including improved targeting and identification of beneficiaries, distribution of inputs and business capital/grants, facilitation of capacity building sessions etc;
- Actively monitor field implementation of livelihood interventions, track progress of agreed objectives and programmes implemented by livelihoods partners (NGO’s, Government Ministries and departments) and provide technical support/review as maybe required. This will require regular and consistent field presence;
- In close consultation and collaboration with livelihood partners and other sectoral working groups, contribute to the identification and development of context innovative and effective sustainable livelihoods interventions for the youth;
- Identify, implement and promote community-based approaches to livelihoods e.g. refugee led livelihoods projects etc;
- Actively follow up and foster inclusion of populations of concern into district socio-economic development plans;
- In the spirit of the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF), actively contribute to and strengthen engagement of wider partnerships with private sector entities in Luapula Province (i.e. financial institutions, farmer co-operatives, value chain-based companies, business development organizations) and development actors to support refugee livelihood programmes;
- Contribute to the weekly, monthly, and as need maybe requested time to time, field livelihoods activity reports for review by supervisor;
- Foster multi-sectoral linkage between livelihoods and other sectors (education, child protection, WASH) while ensuring mainstreaming of gender, age and diversity (AGD) in all livelihood initiatives;
- In collaboration with the livelihoods partners and other sectors, strengthen feedback and complaints mechanism for livelihoods interventions;
- Participate and contribute to the multifunctional team activities i.e. participatory assessments, meetings etc;
- Perform any other duties as directed and guided by the designated supervisor, Livelihoods Officer and the Head of Field Office.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Technical/Vocational diploma Education – Additional Comments:
- A Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Alternative Livelihoods, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship/Commerce or an advanced training/certification in a related field.
Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in livelihoods, resilience and self-reliance related projects;
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local languages of Luapula Province of Zambia;
- Experience with issues related to financial inclusion;
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing in English;
- Excellent knowledge in MS word, Excel and database management;
- Diverse field experience;
- Ability to engage with and mobilize target communities, partners and stakeholders;
- Proactive and able to work in a team.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Agro-industry and agricultural marketing Area of expertise details:
- Proven experience in working with the private sector in agribusiness;
- Proven familiarity with the functioning of markets and linking smallholder farmers to both input and output markets.
Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup .
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
- Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 13-01-2021
To apply for this job please visit http://www.unv.org .