Intern – Corporate and Energy Law
Jobs at:GreenCo Power Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Intern – Corporate and Energy Law
Sector: Energy and Environment
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About GreenCo Power Services Limited (GreenCo).
GreenCo's vision is to lead innovation and sustainably transform renewable energy markets
• An innovative business model with sector changing potential.
• Focused on creating impact through innovative business solutions in the energy sector.
• Agile start-up culture with a focus on individual responsibility and personal impact.
GreenCo acts as an intermediary offtaker and service provider, purchasing power from renewable IPPs and selling that electricity to utilities and private sector offtakers (i.e. commercial and industrial users) and markets of the SAPP. GreenCo will mitigate the risk of purchaser default through an ability to secure alternative buyers or through short-term trading on the SAPP electricity markets. Through its participation in competitive power markets, GreenCo will promote cross-border power transactions and a more dynamic and liquid short-term power market. Through its activities, GreenCo will increase the supply of, and demand for, finance for energy projects, and mobilise private sector capital more quickly towards critical and transformative capacity addition.
GreenCo is a women-led start-up operating in Zambia that acts as a creditworthy renewable energy buyer and trader. GreenCo’s ambitions to hire more female employees is often hampered by the lack of qualified women applicants. We are outreaching directly to learning institutions in Zambia and the rest of the region to identify female law and engineering students to enroll them in our corporate internship program.
The Female Corporate Internship Program
GreenCo invites talented women to apply for the position of Corporate and Energy Law Intern, one of the first roles planned under GreenCo’s Female Corporate Internship Programme. Details about the role are provided below.
Key duties overview:
The selected candidate will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
• Conduct legal research on energy, environmental and investment protection legislation in Zambia and other African countries;
• Filing statutory compliance documentation with regulatory agencies like PACRA, ERB, Local Authorities;
• Prepare legal opinions and summaries on legal matters related to the company’s operations;
• Review new legislation and assess impact on the company;
• Assist in facilitation and attend meetings;
• Attend to administrative tasks; and
• Any other tasks assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The candidate is expected to bring a combination of the following experience, personal attributes and qualifications:
• Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognized university;
• Attended the Zambia Institute for Advance Legal Education (ZIALE) LPQE program and passed at least eight (8) Heads, including Professional Ethics, Company Law and Procedure, Commercial Transactions and High Court and Subordinate Court Procedures, in the year 2018 and 2019 only;
• High grades in Company Law and Procedure and Commercial Transactions will be an added advantage;
• Excellent oral and written skills in English;
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Based primarily in GreenCo Power Services headquarters in Lusaka, with occasional remote working accepted.
• This is a full-time role and whilst the normal working week is 40 hours, it is expected that the ideal candidate will be prepared to both work and travel as required to fulfil the objectives of the business.
• Competitive internship stipend.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate further in the selection process.
• The internship commences on 15th July 2021 and will be for a fixed period of 10 months.
• Submission of cover letter and CV by June 20th 2021
Please click here to apply