Key expert 1: Imprest Administrator and Team Leader (TL) – minimum input 600 days
The team leader will be in charge of coordinating and managing the overall consultancy, responding to demands from the key stakeholders and mobilisation of non-key experts. S/he will have the responsibility of developing the capacity building programme and the PE, in consultation with key stakeholders.
S/he is also responsible for drawing up the technical and operational part of the ZAP PE. With the Imprest Accounting Officer, s/he submits the PE for authorisation to the NAO representative. In implementing the imprest component of the PE, the Imprest Administrator is also responsible for all expenditure commitments, payment authorisations and recoveries.
The TL should have the following profile:
Qualifications and skills
At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in aquaculture, fisheries science, animal science, agriculture or, in its absence, 5 years of general professional experience in addition to the general professional experience specified below
– minimum requirement.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English to a C1 level of proficiency is required – minimum requirement.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years professional experience (i.e. a total of 120 months cumulatively) in the field of agriculture, fresh water aquaculture/fisheries sector (experience above 25 years of general professional experience will not be considered as advantage for the purpose of evaluation of the tender) – minimum requirement.
- Previous experience in aquaculture research will be considered an advantage – preferred.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience (i.e. a total of 60 months cumulatively) assisting governments, preferably in ACP countries, in developing sector plans and programmes (policies, strategies, road maps, etc.) in the field of agriculture – minimum requirement or preferably in the fisheries/livestock sector – preferred .
- Experience of drafting and implementing (either directly of indirectly) at least one operational programme estimate either as an Imprest Administator or under a technical assistance contract where one of the main objectives of the contract was assisting government officers in drafting and implementing a PE – minimum requirement orpreferably in the fisheries sector – preferred .
- Experience as a team leader in at least one contract with a minimum approved input of 220 working days or 12 months in institutional building/capacity development programmes – minimum requirement.
- Proven experience of working with/in the private sector related to fisheries and aquaculture will be an advantage – preferred .
To apply for this job please visit www.developmentaid.org .