Jobs at:Trident Preparatory School
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Trident Preparatory School Kalumbila is in the North-West Province of Zambia. This small school of over 50 pupils forms part of the Trident group of schools, which is made up of two other prep schools and a college. The Trident Schools are in turn operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia.
TPK offers schooling from Early Years to Year 6 in combined classes. The school was established in 2014 to attend to the educational needs of children whose parents work at the local copper mine. It is situated in beautiful ancient forest, and has access to game reserves and excellent sporting and co-curricular facilities.
Educore Services is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced, and enthusiastic Head to lead Trident Prepar-atory Kalumbila into its new phase. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Head of Trident Schools.
Commencement date: No later than 1st January 2023.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Head Teacher provides purposeful leadership to staff and assumes full responsibility for the efficient and effective teaching, discipline, and safety of all pupils in the school. This purpose-built school offers a combination of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the Cambridge Assessment International Examinations (CAIE) Primary Curriculum.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Education Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with a Post Graduate Teaching Diploma. The successful candidate is likely to be someone with senior management experience in an international (preferably African) context, in a school with a wide range of co-curricular activities.
Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills and attributes:
• Enjoy living in and engaging with a small, rural community.
• Outstanding leadership skills, underpinned by energy and drive.
• Dedicated to working with children across a wide range of ages.
• Ability to teach several age groups, with varying abilities, in combined classes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including proven tact and diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
• An understanding of employment procedure.
• The ability to engage fully in the financial and administrative aspects of leading a school.
• Comfortable leading a school with high-level IT based systems that support education and administration.
• Self-driven and independent, enjoys working with others to achieve the objectives of the larger organisation.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply, send a CV and cover letter with at least three contactable referees to [email protected] .
The title of the email must read: TPK Head Teacher
Closing date for Applications : 25 May 2022
Educore Services are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record checks.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.