The key function of this role is to deliver the Agriculture Banking strategy and value propositions, drive profitability, client retention, risk management and planning and provide leadership to the Agriculture Banking team. This will be achieved through the provision of a specialized agricultural business service, focused on optimizing Agricultural Segment growth, deepening client relationships, leveraging and optimizing resources and risk protection across SME Agriculture, Emerging Corporate Agriculture, Commercial Agriculture and Corporate Agriculture.
- Participate in developing Business Banking strategy and translate it into a practical application for Agriculture Banking, including-segment, product, pricing and channel optimization.
- Prepare financial budgets/forecasts in line with strategic objectives, business/operational risk, socio-political and economic market forces.
- Implement and control the pricing tactics and parameters in line with pricing policy and financial targets, measure, track and manage sales targets and budgets. Leverage sales growth tactics and targets in collaboration with business partners from Treasury, Transaction Banking, Branch Managers, Private/Preferred Banking etc.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing best practices in support of the Agricultural value proposition and customer expectations.
- Visit existing clients and prospects, prepare credit applications with RMs and Credit Analysts and formalize facilities according to the Bank’s credit and business policies.
- Monitor the quality of the client’s activities, their capacity to generate cash and their proper use of funds.
- Formulate, drive, measure and manage implementation of a sales performance strategy to grow new business and share of wallet across the portfolios manage.
- Develop relationships with key industry stakeholders and government, to enhance business development and opportunities.
- Develop strategies and tactics to retain market share by identifying opportunities to add value to existing Agric clients in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Provide a regular second face to top Agric clients, ensuring that the full extent to their relationships with the Bank is understood and managed appropriately.
- Take responsibility for the existence of thorough legal documentation supporting each transaction/operation under his/her portfolio.
- Set, monitor and manage (in collaboration with internal business partners) the delivery of service level agreements, standard and turnaround time with Agric value proposition and retention requirements.
- Maintain a high standard of control including adherence to KYC procedures and other Bank policies.
- People and leadership management – talent management and retention, performance management, team engagement and building capacity in the Agriculture Banking space.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- External: Existing/Prospective Clients
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Business Economics, Business Administration or any relevant degree.
- At least seven (7) years’ banking experience.
- Understanding of the country’s economy and regulatory environment, and of the international economic situation and financial markets and the relation of these factors to the impact, risks and opportunities on clients and the Bank.
- Knowledge of the Agri sectors, their main market drivers, their market trends, associated risks, main production benchmarks.
- Proven leadership and ability to demonstrate a valuable contribution across a virtual team.
- Proven ability to instigate changes in customer operating habits and influencing the way they work to achieve mutual benefit.
- Ability to work in fast paced changing environment.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Presentation and Reporting skills
- Building relationships
- Leadership skills
- People management
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Persuading and Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial awareness
- Creating & innovating
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Friday , 25th September, 2020.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]